- May 1 Wars of Scottish Independence end: Treaty of Edinburgh-Northampton - the Kingdom of England recognises the Kingdom of Scotland as an independent state.
- May 12 Holy Roman Emperor Louis IV and assembly of priests select P Rainalducci as anti-Pope Nicolaas V
- May 12 Antipope Nicholas V, a claimant to the papacy, is consecrated in Rome by the Bishop of Venice.
- May 26 William of Ockham forced to flee from Avignon by Pope John XXII
- May 27 French King Philip VI Valois crowned
- Aug 23 Battle at Kassel: French troops stop uprising of Flemish farmers
- Aug 23 King Philip VI of France, crowned
- Edward III
King of England