- Apr 9 Edward V (aged 12) succeeds his father Edward IV as king of England. He is never crowned, and disappears presumed murdered, after incarceration in the Tower of London with his younger brother Richard (the "Princes in the Tower")
- Apr 30 Orbital calculations suggest that on this day, Pluto moved inside Neptune's orbit until July 23, 1503.
- May 14 Coronation of Charles VIII of France ("Charles l'Affable").
- Jun 26 Duke of Gloucester appoints himself King Richard III of England
- Jul 6 England's King Richard III crowned
- Aug 9 Opening of the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican
- Sep 3 Utrecht surrenders to Habsburg army
- Oct 13 Rabbi Issac Abarbanel starts his exegesis on Bible
- Oct 17 Tomas de Torquemada appointed inquisitor-general of Spain
Opening of the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican
On August 9, 1483
- Leonardo da Vinci
Painter, Scientist & Visionary