- Jan 5 William Louis of Nassau becomes governor/viceroy of Drenthe
- Jan 27 Vatican opens 7 year trial against scholar Giordano Bruno
- Mar 1 The Uppsala Synod is summoned to confirm the exact forms of the Lutheran Church of Sweden.
- Mar 23 English Separatist Puritans John Greenwood and Henry Barrowe tried and sentenced to death on the charge of devising and circulating seditious books
- Mar 25 Recantation of Loos, Dutch scholar Coinelius Loos recants his earlier written protest against witchcraft persecution in Trier, Germany before officals in Brussels
- May 18 Playwright Thomas Kyd's accusations of heresy lead to an arrest warrant for Christopher Marlowe.
- Jun 22 Battle of Sisak: Allied Christian troops defeat the Turks.
- Jun 28 Earl Mauritius conquers Geertruidenberg
- Jul 25 France's Protestant King Henry IV converts to Roman Catholic faith
- Oct 24 Alleged teleportation of Spanish soldier Gil Perez from the Philippines to Mexico
State of Holland grants patent on windmill with a crankshaft
On December 15, 1593
- Mar 19 Georges de la Tour, French painter
- Mar 25 Jean de Brébeuf, French Jesuit missionary (d. 1649)
- Apr 3 George Herbert, English metaphysical poet (5 Mystical Songs)
- Apr 4 Edward Nicholas, English statesman (d. 1669)
- Apr 13 Thomas Wentworth, earl of Strafford/Viceroy of Ireland, born in London, England
Alleged teleportation of Spanish soldier Gil Perez from the Philippines to Mexico
On October 24, 1593
- Feb 6 Emperor Ogimachi of Japan (b. 1517)
- Feb 7 Jacques Amyot, French humanist/abbot of Bellozanne, dies at 79
- Apr 6 Henry Barrow, English puritian/Congressionalist, hanged
- Apr 6 John Greenwood, English Congressionalist, hanged
- May 29 John Penry, English congressionalist, executed