- May 13 Great dustbowl storm sweeps across US prairies
- Jun 22 John Dillinger is informally named America's first Public Enemy Number One
- Jun 30 "Night of Long Knives" - Hitler stages a bloody purge of the Nazi party
- Jul 4 Hungarian physicist Leo Szilard patents the chain-reaction design for the atomic bomb.
- Aug 3 Adolf Hitler merges the offices of German Chancellor and President, declaring himself "Führer" (leader)
- Oct 16 Mao Zedong & 25,000 troops begin 6,000 mile Long March
- Dec 1 Leningrad mayor Sergey Kirov assassinated, Stalin uses as excuse to begin the Great Purge of 1934-38
Near Callander, Ontario, the Dionne quintuplets are born to Olivia and Elzire Dionne, later becoming the first quintuplets to survive infancy.
On May 28, 1934