- Jun 5 State of siege proclaimed in Iran, Ayatollah Khomeini arrested
- Jun 10 US Equal Pay Act signed into law by President John F. Kennedy
- Jun 11 US President JFK says segregation is morally wrong & that it is "time to act"
- Jul 22 Sarawak achieves independence from British colonial rule
- Aug 28 Martin Luther King Jr. delivers his "I have a dream speech" addressing civil rights march at Lincoln Memorial, Washington, D.C.
- Sep 16 Federation of Malaysia formed by Malaya, Singapore, British North Borneo (Sabah) and Sarawak
- Nov 22 American President John F. Kennedy assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas, Texas
1st discotheque opens, Whiskey-a-go-go in LA
On January 11, 1963
Vajont Dam disaster, landslide creates 50 million cubic metre wave killing around 2,000 in the Piave Valley in Northern Italy
On October 9, 1963