- Jun 5 State of siege proclaimed in Iran, Ayatollah Khomeini arrested
- Jun 10 US Equal Pay Act signed into law by President John F. Kennedy
- Jun 11 US President JFK says segregation is morally wrong & that it is "time to act"
- Jul 22 Sarawak achieves independence from British colonial rule
- Aug 28 Martin Luther King Jr. delivers his "I have a dream speech" addressing civil rights march at Lincoln Memorial, Washington, D.C.
- Sep 16 Federation of Malaysia formed by Malaya, Singapore, British North Borneo (Sabah) and Sarawak
- Nov 22 American President John F. Kennedy assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas, Texas
Hotline communication link between the Pentagon in Washington, D.C. and the Kremlin in Moscow installed. Often known as the "red telephone" no phones were ever used relying instead on Teletype equipment, fax machines and most recently secure email.
On August 30, 1963