- Jan 12 Dr. James Bedford becomes the first person to be cryonically preserved with intent of future resuscitation.
- Feb 22 25,000 US & South Vietnamese troops launch Operation Junction City against Viet Cong. Largest US airborne assult since WWII
- Apr 24 Vietnam War: American General William Westmoreland says in a news conference that the enemy had "gained support in the United States that gives him hope that he can win politically that which he cannot win militarily."
- May 26 EMI releases "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" a few days early in the UK; it would go to number one for 15 weeks in the US and 22 weeks in the UK
- Jun 5 Six-day war begins between Israel and the neighboring Arab states of Egypt, Jordan and Syria
- Jun 27 The world's first ATM is installed in Enfield, London
- Jul 6 Biafran War erupts as Nigerian forces invade starting Nigerian Civil war
- Nov 28 1st radio pulsars detected by British postgraduate Jocelyn Burnell and her supervisor Antony Hewish at Cambridge University
- Dec 3 1st human heart transplant performed by Dr Christian Barnard in South Africa
Nicolae Ceaușescu becomes President of Romania (overthrown 1989)
On December 9, 1967