- Bermuda adopts its constitution
- Don Drysdale pitches a record 58th consecutive scoreless inning
- Gary Puckett & Union Gap release "Lady Will Power"
- James Earl Ray, alleged assassin of Martin Luther King Jr., captured
- New colonial constitution for Bermuda adopted
- Rolling Stones release "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
The body of assassinated U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy is laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery.
- UEFA European Championship: Italy defeat Yugoslavia 2-0 in Rome
- Dave Mlicki, pitcher (NY Mets), born in Cleveland, Ohio
- Rob Ray, Belleville, NHL left wing (Buffalo Sabres)