- Apr 22 Holocaust Memorial Museum dedicated in Washington D.C.
- Jun 21 English mathematician Andrew Wiles proves last theorem of Fermat
- Aug 4 Rwandian Hutus & Tutsis sign peace treaty in Arusha
- Aug 20 Oslo Peace Accords signed, after secret negotiations in Norway, followed by a public ceremony in Washington, D.C. the following month
- Sep 9 Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization exchange letters of mutual recognition
- Sep 13 Public unveiling of the Oslo Accords, an Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement initiated by Norway
- Oct 15 Nelson Mandela and South African President F. W. de Klerk awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
- Oct 21 Military coup by Burundi President Ndadaye; 525,000 Hutus flee
- Nov 18 Black & white leaders in South Africa approve new democratic constitution
The World Wide Web is born at CERN.
On April 30, 1993