- 1512 Battle of Ravenna: French forces under Gaston de Foix defeat Holy League in a major battle of the Italian Wars
- 1783 Hostilities formally cease in the American Revolutionary War
- 1814 Napoleon abdicates unconditionally; he is exiled to Elba
- 1868 The Shogunate is abolished in Japan.
- 1968 President Lyndon B. Johnson signs 1968 Civil Rights Act
- 1979 Ugandan dictator Idi Amin overthrown; Tanzania takes Kampala
The Apple I computer, created by Steve Wozniak is released
On April 11, 1976