- 1500 Pedro Alvarez Cabral discovers Brazil & claims it for Portugal
- 1903 Highlanders (Yankees) 1st game in New York at Hilltop Park vs Washington Senators, lose 3-1 before 11,950
- 1915 1st military use of poison gas (chlorine, by Germany) in WW I
- 1993 Holocaust Memorial Museum dedicated in Washington D.C.
- 1994 7,000 Tutsi's slaughtered by Hutu in the stadium at Kibuye, Rwanda
- 2006 243 people are injured in pro-democracy protest in Nepal after Nepali security forces open fire on protesters against King Gyanendra.
- 2016 Paris Agreement on climate change signed in New York binding 195 nations to an increase in the global average temperature to less than 2°C above pre-industrial levels and to pursue efforts to limit the increase to 1.5°C
More than $3.3 million is stolen from the First National Bank of Arizona in Tucson in the then largest US bank robbery in history
On April 22, 1981