- 60 St Paul thought to have been shipwrecked at Malta
- 1720 Edmund Halley appointed 2nd Astronomer Royal of England
- 1763 Treaty of Paris ends French-Indian War, surrendering Canada to Britain
- 1824 Simon Bolivar named dictator by the Congress of Peru
- 1879 Henry Morton Stanley departs for the Congo
- 1906 British battleship HMS Dreadnought launched after only 100 days, renders all other capital ships obsolete with revolutionary design
Glenn Miller awarded 1st ever gold record for selling 1 million copies of "Chattanooga Choo Choo"
On February 10, 1942