- 1381 Richard II in England meets leaders of Peasants' Revolt on Blackheath. The Tower of London is stormed by rebels who enter without resistance.
- 1645 Battle of Naseby, Leicestershire: "New Model Army" under Oliver Cromwell & Thomas Fairfax beat royalists forces of English King Charles I
- 1821 Badi VII, king of Sennar, surrenders his throne and realm to Ismail Pasha, general of the Ottoman Empire, bringing the 300 year old Sudanese kingdom to an end
- 1940 Auschwitz concentration camp opens in Nazi controlled Poland with Polish POWs (approx. 3 million would die within its walls)
- 1941 Estonia loses 11,000 inhabitants as a consequence of mass deportations into Siberia
- 1982 Argentina surrenders to Britain, ending the 74-day Falklands Islands conflict
US Continental Congress adopts the Stars & Stripes replacing the Grand Union flag
On June 14, 1777