- 1123 1st Latern Council (9th ecumenical council) opens in Rome, agreements of the Concordat of Worms ratified
- 1314 Jacques de Molay, the 23rd and the last Grand Master of the Knights Templar, is burned at the stake by King Philip IV of France
- 1325 According to legend, Tenochtitlan is founded on this date. The event is depicted on the Mexican coat of arms.
- 1900 Japan uses its influence over Korea to deny Russia's efforts to obtain a naval station at Korean Port of Masampo, the lead up to the Russo-Japanese war
- 1922 British magistrates in India sentence Mahatma Gandhi to 6 years imprisonment for disobedience
- 1940 Benito Mussolini joins Hitler in Germany's war against France & Britain
- 1965 Cosmonaut Aleksei Leonov, leaving his spacecraft Voskhod 2 for 12 minutes, becomes the first person to walk in space.
Largest art robbery in US history: 13 works of art worth over $500 million are stolen from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston
On March 18, 1990