- 1622 First American Indian (Powhattan) massacre of Europeans in Jamestown Virginia, 347 killed
- 1765 Stamp Act passed; 1st direct British tax on colonists
- 1784 The Emerald Buddha is moved with great ceremony to its current place in Wat Phra Kaew, Thailand.
- 1832 British Parliament passes Lord John Russell's 1832 Reform Act, introducing wide-ranging changes to the electoral system of England and Wales and increasing the electorate from about 500,000 voters to 813,000
- 1954 First shopping mall opened in Southfield, Michigan
- 1965 US confirms its troops used chemical warfare against the Vietcong
The St. Petersburg–Tampa Airboat Line becomes the world's first scheduled airline
On March 22, 1914