- 1603 Scottish King James VI son of Mary Queen of Scots, becomes King James I of England in succession to Elizabeth I, thus joining the English and Scottish crowns.
- 1721 Johann Sebastian Bach dedicates his Brandenburg Concertos to Christian Ludwig, Margrave of Brandenburg-Schwedt
- 1837 Canada gives its black citizens the right to vote
- 1882 German scientist Robert Koch discovers the tubercle bacillus which causes tuberculosis
- 1976 Argentine President Isabel Martínez de Perón is deposed in a military coup
- 1999 Kosovo War: NATO commences air bombardment against Yugoslavia, marking the first time NATO has attacked a sovereign country.
"Census of the British Empire" shows Britain rules 1/5 of the world
On March 24th, 1906