- 1817 The New York Stock Exchange is founded.
- 1867 British North America Act is passed in the House of Commons, serves as Canada's constitution for more than 100 years
- 1917 Russian 'February Revolution' begins; riots in St Petersburg over food rations and conduct of the war.
- 1948 US Supreme Court rules in McCollum v. Board of Education that religious instruction in public schools is unconstitutional
- 1973 The Provisional Irish Republican Army undertakes its first operation in Great Britain, planting four car bombs in London; 10 members of PIRA are arrested at Heathrow Airport while trying to leave the country
- 2014 Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 with 239 people loses contact and disappears, prompting the most expensive search effort in history
Baroness Raymonde de Laroche of Paris becomes the 1st ever licensed female pilot
On March 8, 1910