- 1431 Hundred Years' War: 19 year old Joan of Arc is burned at the stake by an English-dominated tribunal in Rouen, France
- 1539 Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto discovers Florida
- 1848 Mexico ratifies treaty giving US; New Mexico, California & parts of Nevada, Utah, Arizona & Colorado in return for $15 million
- 1868 "Decoration Day", later called Memorial Day is first observed in Northern US states
- 1896 1st car accident occurs, Henry Wells hits a cyclist in NYC
- 1913 Treaty of London signed by the Great Powers, the Ottoman Empire and the victorious Balkan League (Serbia, Greece, Kingdom of Bulgaria, and Montenegro) bringing an end to the First Balkan War
Andrew Jackson kills Charles Dickinson in a duel after Dickinson had accused Jackson's wife of bigamy.
On May 30, 1806