- 1619 René Descartes has the dream that inspire his "Meditations on First Philosophy"
- 1674 Dutch formally cede New Netherlands (New York) to the English
- 1885 German engineer Gottlieb Daimler unveils the world's first motorcycle
- 1918 Western Union Cable Office in North Sydney, Nova Scotia receives a top-secret coded message from Europe stating on November 11, 1918 all fighting would cease on land, sea and in the air
- 1989 Germans begin demolishing the Berlin Wall
Henry Morton Stanley encounters David Livingstone at Ujiji, near Lake Tanganyika in Central Africa, with the immortal words 'Dr Livingstone, I presume?'
On November 10, 1871
Walt Disney begins serving as an informer for the Los Angeles office of the FBI; his job is to report back information on Hollywood subversives.
On November 10, 1940