- 1177 Baldwin IV of Jerusalem and Raynald of Chatillon defeat Saladin at the Battle of Montgisard.
- 1783 Britain evacuates New York city, its last military position in United States
- 1839 Cyclone slams south eastern India with high winds and a 40 foot storm surge, destroying port city of Coringa. Storm waves sweep inland, destroying 20,000 ships and killing an estimated 300,000 people
- 1867 Alfred Nobel patents dynamite
- 1983 World's greatest robbery 26 million pounds worth of gold, diamonds & cash stolen from the Brink's-Mat warehouse at Heathrow Airport, England
Polish Minister of National Defence Radek Sikorski opens Warsaw Pact archives to historians. Maps of possible nuclear strikes against Western Europe, including nuclear annihilation of 43 Polish cities by Soviet-controlled forces revealed
On November 25, 2005