- 1177 Baldwin IV of Jerusalem and Raynald of Chatillon defeat Saladin at the Battle of Montgisard.
- 1783 Britain evacuates New York city, its last military position in United States
- 1839 A cyclone slams India with high winds and a 40 foot storm surge, destroying the port city of Coringa (never to be entirely rebuilt again). The storm wave sweeps inland, taking with it 20,000 ships and thousands of people. An estimated 300,000 deaths result from the disaster.
- 1867 Alfred Nobel patents dynamite
- 1983 World's greatest robbery 26 million pounds worth of gold, diamonds & cash stolen from the Brink's-Mat warehouse at Heathrow Airport, England
Polish Minister of National Defence Radek Sikorski opens Warsaw Pact archives to historians. Maps of possible nuclear strikes against Western Europe, as well as the possible nuclear annihilation of 43 Polish cities and 2 million of its citizens by Soviet-controlled forces, are released.
On November 25th, 2005