- 43 BC The Second Triumvirate alliance of Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus ("Octavian", later "Caesar Augustus"), Marcus Aemilius Lepidus, and Mark Antony is formed.
- 1778 Captain Cook discovers Maui in the Sandwich Islands (now Hawaii)
- 1789 1st national Thanksgiving in USA
- 1865 "Alice in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll published in USA
- 1970 In Basse-Terre, Guadeloupe, 1.5 inches (38.1mm) of rain fall in a minute, the heaviest rainfall ever on record.
English archaeologist Howard Carter opens Tutankhamun's virtually intact tomb in Egypt
On November 26th, 1922