- 1520 Portuguese navigator Ferdinand Magellan begins crossing the Pacific Ocean
- 1814 The Times of London first printed by automatic, steam powered presses built by German inventors Friedrich Koenig and Andreas Friedrich Bauer - makes newspapers available to a mass audience
- 1893 Women vote in a national election for the first time, in the New Zealand general election
- 1919 US-born Lady Astor elected first female member of British House of Commons
- 1967 1st radio pulsars detected by British postgraduate Jocelyn Burnell and her supervisor Antony Hewish at Cambridge University
In Haverhill, Massachusetts, scrap-metal dealer Louis B. Mayer opens his first movie theater.
On November 28, 1907