- 1520 Portuguese navigator Ferdinand Magellan begins crossing Pacific Ocean
- 1814 The Times of London is for the first time printed by automatic, steam powered presses built by the German inventors Friedrich Koenig and Andreas Friedrich Bauer, signaling the beginning of the availability of newspapers to a mass audience.
- 1893 Women vote in a national election for the first time: the New Zealand general election.
- 1967 1st pulsating radio source (pulsar) detected by postgraduate Jocelyn Burnell and her supervisor Antony Hewish
- 1990 Margaret Thatcher resigns as Britain's PM, replaced by John Major
In Haverhill, Massachusetts, scrap-metal dealer Louis B. Mayer opens his first movie theater.
On November 28, 1907