- 1016 Cnut the Great (Canute), King of Denmark, claims the English throne after the death of Edmund 'Ironside'
- 1648 English Parliamentary army captures King Charles I
- 1731 Beijing hit by an earthquake; about 100,000 die
- 1786 Grand Duke of Tuscany Leopold II promulgates a penal reform, making his the 1st state to abolish the death penalty. November 30 commemorated as Cities for Life Day.
- 1974 Most complete early human skeleton (Lucy, Australopithecus) discovered by Donald Johanson, Maurice Taieb, Yves Coppens and Tim White in the Middle Awash of Ethiopia's Afar Depression
First international soccer game, Scotland draws with England (0-0) in Glasgow
On November 30, 1872
1st meteorite known to strike a person - American Ann Hodges in Sylacauga, Alabama (she survives)
On November 30, 1954