- 1016 Cnut the Great (or Canute), King of Denmark, claims the English throne after the death of Edmund 'Ironside'.
- 1648 English Parliamentary army captures King Charles I
- 1731 Beijing hit by Earthquake; about 100,000 die
- 1782 Britain signs agreement recognizing US independence
- 1786 Peter Leopold Joseph of Habsburg-Lorraine, Grand Duke of Tuscany, promulgates a penal reform making his country the first state to abolish the death penalty. November 30 is therefore commemorated by 300 cities around the world as Cities for Life Day.
- 1974 Most complete early human skeleton (Lucy, Australopithecus) is discovered by Donald Johanson, Maurice Taieb, Yves Coppens and Tim White in the Middle Awash of Ethiopia's Afar Depression.
First international soccer game, Scotland draws with England (0-0) in Glasgow
On November 30, 1872