- 1813 Chilpancingo congress declares Mexico independent of Spain
- 1860 Abraham Lincoln (Rep-R-Ill) elected 16th American President
- 1913 Mohandas K Gandhi arrested for leading Indian miners' march in South Africa
- 1917 [OS Oct 24] Bolshevik revolution begins with bombardmentt of the Winter Palace in Petrograd during the Russian October Revolution
- 1978 Shah of Iran places Iran under military rule; general Gholan Reza Azhari forms government
Shipwrecked Spanish conquistador Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca becomes the first known European to set foot in Texas.
On November 6th, 1528