- 539 BC King Cyrus The Great of Persia marches into the city of Babylon, releasing the Jews from almost 70 years of exile and making the first Human Rights Declaration.
- 1268 Conradin, the last legitimate male heir of the German Hohenstaufen dynasty of Kings and Holy Roman Emperors, is executed with Frederick I, Margrave of Baden by Charles I of Sicily
- 1665 Battle of Mbwila [Ambuila],: Portuguese forces defeat forces of the Kingdom of Kongo and decapitate King Antonio I of Kongo / Nvita a Nkanga
- 1929 "Black Tuesday" Wall Street Stock Market crashes triggering the "Great Depression"
- 2015 China announces the end of their one-child policy after 35 years
English adventurer, writer, and courtier Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for allegedly conspiring against James I of England.
On October 29, 1618