Events 201 - 214 of 214
- 2005 The Taiwanese government calls on 1 million Taiwanese to demonstrate in Taipei, in opposition to the Anti-Secession Law of the People's Republic of China. Around 200,000 to 300,000 attend the walk.
- 2005 "Doctor Who" returns to BBC TV after 16 years with the debut of Christopher Eccleston as the Ninth Doctor and Billie Piper as Rose
- 2006 In Scotland the prohibition of smoking in all substantially enclosed public places comes into force.
- 2006 The military junta ruling Burma officially named Naypyidaw, a new city in Mandalay Division, as the new capital. Yangon had formerly been the nation's capital.
- 2006 18th Commonwealth Games close in Melbourne, Australia
- 2012 Macky Sall elected as President of Senegal
- 2017 Anti-corruption protests in Russia result in hundreds arrested including opposition leader Aleksei Navalny
- 2017 Mass protests in Chile over country's privatised pension system
- 2017 Carrie Lam is first woman elected to lead Hong Kong by Beijing-influenced electorial commission