- 13 Chadian soldiers and 65 Muslim insurgents are killed in conflict in Northern Mali
- 29 people are killed and 150 are injured by by 3 Syrian army missiles in Aleppo
- The European Commission forecast for 2013 expects growth of 0.1% across the 27 members of the EU but a contraction of 0.3% in the Eurozone economy
- The UK's AAA credit rating is downgraded by Moody's to AA+; the agency expects growth to "remain sluggish over the next few years"
- The UK's credit rating is downgraded from AAA to AA1 by Moody's Investors Service
Day of the Week: Friday