Events 101 - 112 of 112
- 1999 The Diet of Japan enacts a law establishing the Hinomaru and Kimi Ga Yo as the official national flag and national anthem.
- 1999 Charles Kennedy wins the race to succeed Paddy Ashdown as the leader of the Liberal Democrats, UK
- 2000 South African President Thabo Mbeki unveils the Women's Monument commemorating the role of women in the anti-apartheid struggle
- 2012 The death toll from the Philippines' floods rise to 70
- 2013 8 people are killed and 24 are injured after gunmen open fire on a Sunni mosque in Quetta, Pakistan
- 2015 At Ferguson anniversary of the shooting of unarmed Michael Brown, a man is shot and a state of emergency declared
- 2016 Longest ever hunger strike ends, Indian human rights campaigner Irom Sharmila tastes honey after 16 years