Events 101 - 109 of 109
- 1998 Severe gales over Ireland, northern England, and southern Scotland cause widespread disruption and widespread power outages in Northern Ireland and southern Scotland.
- 1999 Severe weather in France kills over 100 people and causes extensive damage to property, trees and the French national power grid (see Lothar).
- 2001 Crude oil prices on the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) record one of their largest 1-day jumps of the year as traders become convinced that OPEC will follow through on production cuts
- 2003 A magnitude 6.6 earthquake devastates southeast Iranian city of Bam, killing tens of thousands and destroying the citadel of Arg-é Bam.
- 2004 9.3 magnitude earthquake creates a tsunami causing devastation in Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, the Maldives and edges of the Indian Ocean, killing 230,000 people
- 2005 Boxing Day shooting on a busy shopping street in Toronto.
- 2006 The 2006 Hengchun earthquake with 7.1 magnitude hit Taiwan.
- 2012 China opens the world’s longest high speed rail route from Beijing to Guangzhou
- 2015 Floods in Paraguay, Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay displace 150,000, blamed on El Nino