Events 101 - 110 of 110
- 2002 The oil tanker Prestige sinks off the Galician coast and causes a huge oil spill.
- 2002 Iraq disarmament crisis: Iraq agrees to the terms of the UN Security Council Resolution 1441.
- 2007 An explosion hits the south wing of the House of Representatives of the Philippines in Quezon City, killing four people, including Congressman Wahab Akbar, and wounding six.
- 2008 Germany's economy, Europe's largest , contracted by 0.5% in the third quarter after GDP fell 0.4% in the second quarter, putting it in recession for the first time in five years
- 2008 Equity research by Deutsche Bank states that Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines should not experience a recession, despite potential harm to economic growth from falling commodity prices and possible weaker exports
- 2009 The Netherlands officially exits the recession after experiencing 0.4% growth in the third quarter, but recovery for the Netherlands still remains fragile as the country is highly dependent on exports to maintain the recovery
- 2009 Germany's growth of 0.7% in the third quarter helps lead the Eurozone out of the recession after providing overall growth of 0.4% in the same period, with the whole European Union growing 0.2%, it is reported today
- 2012 3 Syrian tanks enter the demilitarized zone of Golan Heights
- 2015 Terror attacks in Paris at 3 locations leave at least 129 dead. Isis claim responsibility