Full Name: Al Pacino
Why Famous: Best known for playing mobsters, especially Michael Corleone in "The Godfather" films and "Tony Montana" in Scarface.
- 1972-03-15 "The Godfather", based on the book by Mario Puzo, directed by Francis Ford Coppola and starring Marlon Brando and Al Pacino, premieres in NYC (Best Picture 1973)
- 1974-01-26 31st Golden Globes: The Exorcist, Al Pacino, & Marsha Mason win
- 1974-12-20 "The Godfather Part II", directed by Francis Ford Coppola and starring Al Pacino and Robert De Niro, is released (Best Picture 1975)
- 1990-12-25 "The Godfather Part III" directed by Francis Ford Coppola and starring Al Pacino, Diane Keaton and Andy Garcia premieres
- 1993-01-23 50th Golden Globes: Scent of a Woman, Al Pacino, & Emma Thompson win
- 1993-03-29 65th Academy Awards: "Unforgiven", Al Pacino & Emma Thompson win