Full Name: Augustus Caesar [Gaius Octavius]
Profession: Roman Emperor
Why Famous: Emperor of Rome at the time of the birth of Jesus Christ. First Roman emperor to have been made a god.
- 0038-01-17 BC Roman Republican Leader Octavian, later Augustus 1st Roman Emperor, marries Livia Drusilla.
- 0043-11-26 BC Second Triumvirate alliance of Roman leader Octavian (later Caesar Augustus), Marcus Aemilius Lepidus, and Mark Antony formed
- 0043-08-19 BC Octavian, later known as Augustus, compels the Roman Senate to elect him Consul.
- 0042-10-23 BC Roman Republican civil wars: Second Battle of Philippi - Brutus's army is decisively defeated by Mark Antony and Octavian. Brutus commits suicide.
- 0042-10-03 BC First Battle of Philippi: Triumvirs Mark Antony and Octavian fight an indecisive battle with Caesar's assassins Brutus and Cassius.
- 0036-09-03 BC In the Battle of Naulochus, Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa, admiral of Octavian, defeats Sextus Pompeius, son of Pompey, thus ending Pompeian resistance to the Second Triumvirate.
- 0031-09-02 BC Battle of Actium: decisive naval battle that effectively ends the Roman Republic. Octavian's forces defeat those under Mark Antony and Cleopatra off the western coast of Greece.
- 0030-08-01 BC Octavian (later known as Augustus) enters Alexandria, Egypt, bringing it under the control of the Roman Republic.
- 0030-07-31 BC Battle of Alexandria: Mark Antony achieves minor victory over Octavian, but most of his army subsequently deserts, leading to Octavian's invasion of Egypt
- 0027-01-16 BC The title Augustus is bestowed upon Gaius Julius Caesar Octavian by the Roman Senate.