Full Name: Benjamin Harrison
Profession: 23rd US President
Political Party: Republican
Political Titles: Senator from Indiana
Why Famous: The 23rd President of the United States (1889–1893). Hallmarks of his administration included unprecedented economic legislation, including the McKinley Tariff, which imposed historic protective trade rates, the Sherman Antitrust Act, and the facilitation of the creation of the National Forests through an amendment to the Land Revision Act of 1891.
- 1853-10-20 23rd US President Benjamin Harrison (20) weds music teacher Caroline Scott (21)
- 1896-04-06 23rd US President Benjamin Harrison (63) weds Mary Scott (37) at St Thomas Protestant Episcopal Church in New York City
- 1888-06-25 Republican Convention in Chicago nominates Benjamin Harrison
- 1888-11-06 Benjamin Harrison (R-Sen-Ind) beats President Grover Cleveland (D), 233 electoral votes to 168, Cleveland received slightly more votes
- 1889-03-04 Benjamin Harrison inaugurated as 23rd president
- 1890-08-30 President Benjamin Harrison signed the first U.S. law requiring inspection of meat products
- 1891-04-25 US President Benjamin Harrison visits San Francisco
- 1891-08-16 President Benjamin Harrison attends the dedication of the Bennington Battle Monument in Bennington, Vermont
- 1893-01-06 The Washington National Cathedral is chartered by Congress. The charter is signed by President Benjamin Harrison.