Full Name: Burt Lancaster [Burton Stephen Lancaster]
Why Famous: From Here to Eternity, Elmer Gantry and Birdman of Alcatraz.
- 1953-08-05 "From Here to Eternity" based on book by James Jones, directed by Fred Zinnemann and starring Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Clift and Frank Sinatra is released (Best Picture 1954)
- 1961-03-16 18th Golden Globes: Spartacus, Burt Lancaster, & Greer Garson win
- 1961-04-17 33rd Academy Awards: "Apartment" wins best film, Burt Lancaster & Elizabeth Taylor win best actor, actress
- 1970-03-05 "Airport" based on the book by Arthur Hailey, directed by George Seaton and starring Burt Lancaster and Dean Martin is released
- 1990-11-30 Actor Burt Lancaster suffers a stroke