Full Name: Charles Lindbergh
Why Famous: Emerged from virtual obscurity to win the Orteig Prize for his solo non-stop flight from New York in Paris in 1927. Later famous for the kidnap and murder of his infant son. Suspected of anti-Semitic and pro-Nazi sympathies.
- 1929-05-27 Aviator Charles Lindbergh (27) weds author Anne Morrow (22) in Englewood, New Jersey
- 1927-05-20 At 7:40 AM, Charles Lindbergh takes off from New York to cross the Atlantic for Paris, aboard Spirit of St Louis (1st non-stop flight)
- 1927-05-21 Aviator Charles Lindbergh, in the Spirit of St Louis, lands in Paris after the first solo air crossing of Atlantic
- 1927-06-11 Charles Lindbergh is awarded the 1st Distinguished Flying Cross
- 1927-06-13 Ticker-tape parade welcomes Charles A Lindbergh to NYC
- 1927-09-04 Charles Lindbergh visits Boise, Idaho, on his cross-country tour
- 1927-09-17 Charles Lindbergh visits San Francisco
- 1931-11-17 Charles Lindbergh inaugurates Pan Am service from Cuba to South America in the Sikorsky flying boat "American Clipper"
- 1932-04-02 Charles Lindbergh turns over $50,000 as ransom for kidnapped son
- 1932-05-12 Body of kidnapped son of Charles Lindbergh is found in Hopewell, NJ
- 1934-10-08 Bruno Hauptmann is indicted for murder of Charles Lindbergh's son
- 1935-01-02 Bruno Hauptmann trial begins for kidnap-murder of Charles Lindbergh's baby
- 1941-09-11 Charles Lindbergh, charges "British, Jewish & Roosevelt administration" are trying to get US into WW II
- 1954-05-03 Pulitzer prize awarded to Charles A Lindbergh & John Patrick