Full Name: Courtney Love [Courtney Michelle Harrison]
Why Famous: She began her career as an actress in her early twenties, and later rose to international prominence as frontwoman of alternative rock band Hole, which she formed in 1989.
Her uninhibited stage presence and confrontational lyrics, combined with publicity surrounding her 1992 marriage to Kurt Cobain, made her a noticeable and divisive figure in the alternative music scene of the 1990s.
- 1989-02-14 Singer-songwriter Courtney Love (24) weds vocalist James Moreland
- 1989-06-15 Singer-songwriter Courtney Love (24) divorces vocalist James Moreland only 4 months after getting married
- 1992-02-24 Singer-songwriter Courtney Love (27) weds lead singer Kurt Cobain (25) on Waikiki Beach in Honolulu, Hawaii
- 1993-12-29 Courtney Love sues doctors for leaking news of her methadone treatment
- 1994-05-04 Singer Courtney Love cleared of drug charges