Full Name: David Cameron
Profession: British Prime Minister
Why Famous: British Prime Minister from 2010 to 2016 who lead a Conservative-Liberal Democrat coalition and after a winning a majority in 2015 a Conservative government. He was known for both his economic and socially liberal policies.
His administration introduced large-scale changes to welfare, immigration policy, education, and healthcare. It privatized the Royal Mail and some other state assets and legalized same-sex marriage.
To fulfill an election promise, he introduced a referendum on the UK's continuing membership of the EU. Cameron supported continued membership and following the success of the Leave vote, he was left with no choice but to resign. He was succeeded by Theresa May.
- 1996-06-01 81st UK Prime Minister David Cameron (29) weds businesswoman Samantha Sheffield (25) at the Church of St. Augustine of Canterbury in East Hendred, Oxfordshire
- 2010-05-11 David Cameron becomes Prime Minister of the United Kingdom after forming a coalition government between the Liberal Democrats and his own Conservative Party
- 2012-03-25 Peter Cruddas, treasurer of Britain's Conservative Party, resigns after being caught on film selling access to British Prime Minister David Cameron
- 2015-05-07 British General Elections: Conservative Party win outright majority and David Cameron returns as Prime Minister
- 2016-06-24 British Prime Minister David Cameron resigns after the UK votes to leave the EU