Full Name: John Foster Dulles
Profession: US Secretary Of State
Why Famous: A significant figure in the early Cold War era who advocated an aggressive stance against Communism throughout the world.
Dulles negotiated numerous anti-communist treaties and alliances including the Southeast Asia Treaty Organization which Time magazine named him person of the eyar for.
Dulles supported the French in their war against the Viet Minh in Indochina but rejected the Geneva Accords that France and the Communists agreed to and instead supported South Vietnam after the Geneva Conference in 1954.
- 1912-06-26 US Secretary of State John Foster Dulles (24) weds Janet Pomeroy Avery at Auburn, New York
- 1950-04-06 John Foster Dulles becomes advisor to US Secretary of State Acheson
- 1953-01-21 John Foster Dulles appointed as US Secretary of State
- 1953-05-11 Winston Churchill criticizes US Secretary of State John Foster Dulles' domino theory
- 1954-06-17 CIA exile army lands in Guatemala. Organised by John Foster Dulles and United Fruit Co.
- 1959-04-15 US Secretary of State John Foster Dulles resigns