Full Name: Joseph Barbera
Why Famous: Joseph Barbera formed a partnership with William Hanna in 1957 after producing "Tom and Jerry" (1940). They became the first animation studio to successfully produce animation especially for television.
Some of their best-known series include, "The Huckleberry Hound Show" (1958), "The Flintstones" (1960), "The Jetsons" (1962) and "The Smurfs" (1981).
Together they have won seven Academy Awards and eight Emmy Awards, including the first Emmy for an animated programme.
- 1940-02-10 Tom & Jerry created by William Hanna & Joseph Barbera debut by MGM
- 1941-07-19 Tom and Jerry first appear under their own names in cartoon "The Midnight Snack" by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
- 1958-09-05 "The Huckleberry Hound Show" by Hanna-Barbera featuring Yogi Bear premieres on US TV
- 1960-06-20 "The Huckleberry Hound Show" by Hanna-Barbera becomes the first animated programme to win an Emmy
- 1960-09-30 "The Flintstones" the first animated sitcom created by Hanna-Barbera premieres on ABC in the US
- 1962-09-23 ABC's 1st color TV series - The Jetsons by Hanna-Barbera first broadcast
- 1969-09-13 "Scooby-Doo Where are You" by Hanna-Barbera debuts on CBS in the US
- 1981-09-12 "The Smurfs" animated cartoon series by Hanna-Barbera first broadcasts in North America
- 1990-07-06 "Jetsons the Movie" by Hanna-Barbera with Tiffany, premieres