Full Name: Leonardo DiCaprio
Why Famous: Nominated for five Academy Awards and ten Golden Globe Awards, winning for "The Aviator" and "The Wolf of Wall Street".
He has received critical acclaim for his work in many films, including "Catch Me If You Can", "Gangs of New York", "Blood Diamond", "The Departed", and "Inception".
- 1997-11-01 "Titanic" directed by James Cameron, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet is first screened, at the Tokyo International Film Festival (Best Picture 1998)
- 2002-12-20 "Gangs of New York", starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Daniel Day-Lewis, and Cameron Diaz, is released
- 2005-01-16 62nd Golden Globes: The Aviator, Leonardo DiCaprio, & Hilary Swank win
- 2006-09-26 Martin Scorsese's "The Departed", starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, and Mark Wahlberg, premieres in New York City (Best Picture 2007)
- 2010-07-08 "Inception", directed by Christopher Nolan and starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, premieres in London, UK
- 2013-12-25 "The Wolf of Wall Street", starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill, is released
- 2016-01-10 73rd Golden Globes: The Revenant, The Martian, Leonardo DiCaprio, Brie Larson win
- 2016-02-28 88th Academy Awards: Best Picture "Spotlight", Best Director Alejandro G. Iñárritu, Best Actor/Actress Leonardo DiCaprio, Brie Larson