Full Name: Maurice Richard [Joseph Henri Maurice Richard]
Profession: Ice Hockey Player
Why Famous: A right-winger for the Montreal Canadians, Maurice "Rocket" Richard played 18 seasons in the NHL and was the first player to score 50 goals in a season and 500 goals in his career. He won one MVP award, was named to 13 All Star teams, and won 8 Stanley Cups.
- 1942-09-17 Ice hockey player Maurice Richard (20) weds Lucille Norchet (17)
- 1945-03-18 Maurice "Rocket" Richard becomes the 1st NHLer to score 50 goals
- 1947-04-19 After scoring 45 goals during the regular season, Maurice Richard is named MVP.
- 1955-03-17 After Maurice Richard is suspended for the remainder of the season, riots break out in Montreal. 37 people are injured and over 100 are arrested. The following morning, Richard goes on the radio to ask citizens to stop vandalizing the city.
- 1957-10-19 Maurice "Rocket" Richard, Mont, became 1st NHLer to score 500 goals
- 1960-09-15 Maurice Richard announces his retirement. He finishes his career with 544 goals, an NHL record at the time.