Full Name: Oliver Cromwell
Profession: English Military and Political Leader
Why Famous: Leader of Parliamentary forces in the English Civil War, reluctantly agreed to be appointed Lord Protector after the execution of Charles I.
- 1645-06-14 Battle of Naseby, Leicestershire: "New Model Army" under Oliver Cromwell & Thomas Fairfax beat royalists forces of English King Charles I
- 1649-09-11 Massacre of Drogheda, Ireland - Oliver Cromwell kills 3,000 royalists
- 1651-09-03 Battle of Worcester-Oliver Cromwell destroys English royalists
- 1653-12-16 Parliamentarian General Oliver Cromwell appointed as Lord Protector of England, Scotland and Ireland
- 1655-08-09 Lord Protector Oliver Cromwell divides England into 11 districts
- 1655-11-24 English Lord Protector Oliver Cromwell bans Anglicans
- 1657-02-04 Oliver Cromwell, Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England, Scotland and Ireland, grants residency to Luis Caravajal
- 1657-03-31 English Parliament makes the Humble Petition to Lord Protector Oliver Cromwell offering him the crown: he declines
- 1657-07-13 Oliver Cromwell constrains English army leader John Lambert
- 1661-01-30 Oliver Cromwell, Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England is ritually executed after having been dead for two years.