Full Name: Sigismund III Vasa
Why Famous: A highly controversial figure in Poland, Sigismund III ruled as the King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania from 1587 to 1632 and as King of Sweden from 1592 to 1599.
His long reign coincided with the apex of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth's prestige, power and economic influence. However during his reign the symptoms of decline that lead to the Commonwealth's eventual demise also surfaced.
- 1587-08-19 Sigismund III becomes King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania
- 1594-02-19 Having already inherited the throne of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth through his mother, Catherine Jagellonica of Poland, Sigismund III of the House of Vasa is crowned King of Sweden, succeeding his father John III of Sweden.
- 1610-02-14 Polish king Sigismund III, Forges Dimitri #2 & Romanov family sign covenant against Tsar Vasili Shushki
- 1610-07-04 Battle of Klushino: King Sigismund III's Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth army beats Russia and Sweden
- 1620-09-20 Battle at Jassy: Turks beat king Sigismund III of Poland
- 1621-09-28 Battle at Chocim Dniester: King Sigismund III Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth defeats an invading Ottoman Imperial army