Full Name: Spencer Tracy
Why Famous: Spencer Tracey was an actor from the Golden Age of Hollywood, famed for his naturalistic style of acting. He was nominated for 9 Oscars, winning 2 of them. His is also famed for the 9 film partnership with the actress Katherine Hepburn .
Tracey's career began in theatre, before moving to Hollywood. Tracey came to prominence after joining the Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer studio in the 1930s, winning back-to-back Oscars for "Captains Courageous" (1937) and "Boys Town" (1938).
In 1942 he first teamed up with Katherine Hepburn in "Woman of the Year", a relationship that bleed into real life and would last until his death. Although married, Tracy never divorced his wife.
Tracey's later films included "Father of the Bride" (1950) and "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner", which 17 days after completing he died, of a heart attack.
- 1923-09-12 Actor Spencer Tracy (23) weds Louise Treadwell (26) in Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1938-03-10 10th Academy Awards: "The Life of Emile Zola", Spencer Tracy & Luise Rainer win
- 1939-02-23 11th Academy Awards: "You Can’t Take It With You", Spencer Tracy & Bette Davis wins
- 1954-01-22 11th Golden Globes: The Robe, Spencer Tracy, & Audrey Hepburn win
- 1967-12-11 "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner", directed by Stanley Kramer, starring Spencer Tracy, Sidney Poitier and Katharine Hepburn, premieres in NYC (Hepburn - Academy Award for Best Actress 1968)