Full Name: Stephen Harper
Profession: 22nd Prime Minister of Canada
Why Famous: Harper was a Conservative Party politician and the 22nd Prime Minister of Canada, serving between 2006 and 2015.
- 1993-12-11 Canada's PM Stephen Harper (34) weds Laureen Teskey (30)
- 2004-03-20 Stephen Harper wins the leadership of the newly created Conservative Party of Canada, becoming the party's first leader.
- 2005-11-24 Leader of the Opposition in the Canadian Parliament Stephen Harper, introduces a motion of no confidence. The motion is passed on November 28 leading to the dissolution of the 38th Canadian Parliament.
- 2006-01-24 After losing the federal election to Stephen Harper, Paul Martin resigns as leader of the Liberal party
- 2006-11-27 The Canadian House of Commons endorses Prime Minister Stephen Harper's motion to declare Québécois a nation within a unified Canada.
- 2008-06-11 Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper made an official historic apology to Canada's First Nations in regard to a residential school abuse in which children were isolated from their homes, families and cultures for a century.