Full Name: Wilhelm II [Frederick William Victor Albert of Prussia]
Profession: German Emperor and King of Prussia
Why Famous: The last German Emperor and King of Prussia, ruling the German Empire and the Kingdom of Prussia from 15 June 1888 to 9 November 1918.
He was also the eldest grandson of the British Queen Victoria.
- 1888-06-15 Wilhelm II becomes Emperor of Germany
- 1890-03-20 German Emperor Wilhelm II fires republic chancellor Otto Von Bismarck
- 1894-10-28 German Emperor Wilhelm II fires chancellor Leo von Caprivi & Premier Botho zu Eulenburg
- 1901-03-06 In Bremen an assassin attempts to kill Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany.
- 1902-06-05 Emperor Wilhelm II responds to growing demands from Polish and other Slavic peoples living within German territory by calling for more 'Germanization' of the slavs
- 1904-01-23 Ålesund Fire: the Norwegian coastal town Ålesund is devastated by fire, leaving 10,000 people homeless and one person dead. Kaiser Wilhelm II funds the rebuilding of the town in Jugendstil style.
- 1904-03-03 Emperor Wilhelm II of Germany becomes the first person to make a sound recording of a political document, using Thomas Edison's cylinder
- 1905-03-31 Emperor Wilhelm II of Germany visits Tangier, Morocco and proclaims Germany's support of Moroccan independence and equal opportunity for all powers to trade there
- 1905-05-31 Emperor Wilhelm II lands in Tanger
- 1905-07-24 Tsar Nicholas II (Russia) and Emperor Wilhelm II (Germany) sign the Björkö Treaty, whereby each country agrees to come to the other's defense if attacked by European powers
- 1906-08-15 King Edward VII of Great Britain visits German Emperor Wilhelm II to discuss the escalating rivalry between their nations' naval forces
- 1907-12-13 German Emperor Wilhelm II visits Amsterdam
- 1908-10-28 The English Newspaper the Daily Telegraph prints an interview with Germany's Emperor Wilhelm II, who characterises himself as personally friendly to Britain but suggests the German people people are hostile, causing uproar in both countries
- 1910-11-04 Russian Tsar Nicholas II visits German Emperor Wilhelm II at Potsdam; they force tentative agreements on spheres of influence in the Middle East
- 1914-07-31 German Emperor Wilhelm II threatens war, orders Russia to demobilize
- 1914-08-01 Emperor Wilhelm II of Germany declares war on his nephew Tsar Nicholas II (WW I) of Russia in WWI
- 1916-11-05 Emperors Wilhelm II (Germany) and Franz Jozef I (Austria-Hungary) establish the kingdom of Poland
- 1918-11-09 Emperor Wilhelm II abdicates after German defeat in WW I
- 1918-11-10 German Emperor Wilhelm II flees to Netherlands
- 1918-11-28 Kaiser Wilhelm II of Prussia & Germany abdicates
- 1920-01-23 Dutch refuse to turn over ex-Emperor Wilhelm II of Germany to allies