Full Name: William Henry Harrison
Profession: 9th US President
Political Party: Whig
Political Titles: Senator from Ohio
Why Famous: Perhaps best known for being the first president to die in office, and for serving only 32 days as president.
Originally gained national fame for leading U.S. forces against American Indians at the Battle of Tippecanoe in 1811.
He was 68 years, 23 days old when inaugurated, the oldest president to take office until Ronald Reagan.
- 1795-11-25 US President William Henry Harrison (22) weds Anna Symmes (20) in North Bend, Ohio
- 1811-11-07 Battle of Tippecanoe: Gen. William Henry Harrison defeats the Native Americans of the Tecumesh Confederation
- 1840-12-02 William Henry Harrison elected the 9th President of the United States of America
- 1841-03-04 Longest US presidential inauguration speech (8,443 words), William Henry Harrison
- 1889-12-09 US President William Harrison visits opening of Chicago Auditorium