Full Name: Yitzhak Rabin
Profession: 5th Prime Minister of Israel
Why Famous: The fifth Prime Minister of Israel, serving two terms in office, 1974–77 and 1992 until his assassination in 1995.
In 1994, he won the Nobel Peace Prize together with long-time political rival Shimon Peres and Palestinian leader Yasir Arafat.
- 1974-04-10 Yitzhak Rabin replaces resigning Israeli PM Golda Meir
- 1974-06-03 Yitzhak Rabin forms a new Israeli government
- 1975-07-08 Israeli premier Yitzhak Rabin visits West-Germany
- 1976-12-20 Israel's PM Yitzhak Rabin resigns
- 1977-03-07 Israeli PM Yitzhak Rabin meets US President Jimmy Carter
- 1994-10-14 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to Yasser Arafat, Yitzhak Rabin and Shimon Peres
- 1994-12-10 Nobel Peace Prize presented to Yitzhak Rabin, Shimon Peres and Yasser Arafat
- 1995-09-28 Yitzhak Rabin & Yasir Arafat, sign accord to transfer West Bank
- 1995-11-06 Israel buries Yitzhak Rabin, assassinated by a fellow Jew who opposed peace with Palestinians