- 1792-05-17 24 merchants form New York Stock Exchange at 70 Wall Street
- 1865-01-04 New York Stock Exchange opens its 1st permanent headquarters at 10-12 Broad St, near Wall Street in New York City
- 1889-07-08 Wall Street Journal begins publishing
- 1926-02-01 Land at Broadway & Wall Street sold at a record $7 per sq inch
- 1929-10-29 "Black Tuesday" Wall Street Stock Market crashes triggering the "Great Depression"
- 1970-05-08 Construction workers break up an anti-war rally in NYC's Wall Street
- 1982-02-28 FALN (PR Nationalist Group) bombs Wall Street
- 1987-11-03 On Wall Street, after 5 consecutive gains, Dow Jones down 50.56
- 1993-05-13 6th annual business person run held in Wall Street
- 2008-09-21 Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, the two last remaining independent investment banks on Wall Street, become bank holding companies as a result of the subprime mortgage crisis.
- 2011-09-17 Occupy Wall Street movement began in Zucotti Park, New York City.
1834-11-21 Henrietta "Hetty" Green, American businesswoman and financier whose wealth and miserliness saw her known as the "Witch of Wall Street", born in New Bedford, Massachusetts (d. 1916)
- 1902-12-04 Charles Dow, American journalist and economist (co-founded Dow Jones and 1st editor of Wall St Journal), dies at 51
1916-07-03 Henrietta "Hetty" Green, American businesswoman and financier whose wealth and miserliness saw her known as the "Witch of Wall Street", dies of a stroke at 81