- Mar 30 The people of Sicily rebel against the Angevin king Charles I, in what becomes known as the Sicilian Vespers
- Sep 4 King of Aragon Pedro III annexes Sicily
- Oct 13 Nichiren Daishonin, founder of the Nichiren School of Buddhism, dies, his ashes are interred at Taisekiji Temple.
- Nov 9 Pope Martinus IV excommunicates king Pedro III of Aragon
- Dec 11 Llywelyn ab Gruffydd/Llywelyn the Last, last native Prince of Wales is killed at Cilmeri, near Builth Wells, south Wales. Reigned from 1259.
Llywelyn ab Gruffydd/Llywelyn the Last, last native Prince of Wales is killed at Cilmeri, near Builth Wells, south Wales. Reigned from 1259.
On December 11, 1282
- Aug 7 Elizabeth of Rhuddlan, youngest daughter of King Edward I and Queen Eleanor of Castile, born in Rhuddlan Castle, Denbighshire (d. 1316)
- Kublai Khan
Mongolian Emperor and Founder of the Yuan Dynasty
- Jan 9 Abû 'Uthmân Sa'îd Hakam al Qurashi, ruler of Minorca (b. 1204)
- Aug 25 Thomas Cantilupe, English saint (b. ca 1218)
- Oct 13 Nichiren Japanese founder of Nichiren Buddhism (b. 1222)
- Dec 11 Michael VIII, Paleologus, Byzantine emperor (1259-82), dies