- Jan 17 King Alfonso III of Aragon invades Minorca.
- Jan 21 The treaty of San Agayz is signed. Minorca is conquered by King Alfons III of Aragon.
- Dec 14 During St. Lucia's Flood in Northwest Netherlands the Zuiderzee seawall collapses with loss of over 50,000 lives. Fifth largest recorded flood in history
- Jan 24 Richard Aungerville, English bishop (d. 1345)
- Apr 25 Roger de Mortimer, 1st Earl of March, de facto ruler of England, born in Wigmore Castle, Herefordshire, England (d. 1330)
- Kublai Khan
Mongolian Emperor and Founder of the Yuan Dynasty
- Apr 3 Honorius IV [Giacomo Savelli], Italian Pope (1285-87), dies